Monday, August 9, 2010

Self Endorsement

It seems like one of the hardest things for me to remember is to endorse myself for my effort. I remember Mom remarking over and over how important it is.   Endorsement encompasses a lot. Effort refers to many things.  I will post one aspect of this and what Mom had  to say about it later.  It was more about "moving the muscles", but still it's about effort.  I ran across the following in her journal.  It was a short note, but worthy of repeating for myself and perhaps for you too.


Low to Me-
You have not fully controlled your temper (fearful mainly) until you have endorsed yourself for it.  Self-endorsement fortifies the growing belief that control is called for, desirable, and that it reaches a standard in your own table of evaluations regardless of how others may regard your behavior.  With endorsement for your effort to control you add to your coming conviction that the [temperamental] judgment of yourself and/or others is not a plus in your life – but a real minus.  We are conditioned to think there is a standard that calls for retribution, or winning a victory.  Endorsement says, “It is good for me to win a victory over my own temper

No comments:

Post a Comment